ABOUT THE BOOK

Raised in the tumult of Japan’s industrial powerhouse, the 11 men and women profiled in A Different Kind of Luxury have all made the transition to sustainable, fulfilling lives. Based on Andy Couturier's popular articles in The Japan Times, this lushly designed volume has a wealth of stories about real people who have created an abundance of time for contemplation, connecting with the natural world, and contributing to their communities. In their success is a lesson for us all: live a life that matters. Read an excerpt of the book here or here. Read a review of the book here, here, or here.


Saturday, August 29, 2015

Beautiful Images from A Different Kind of Luxury

I have always loved the beauty of these people's lives. 
This is often reflected in the external beauty of their artwork
or the places they live. But it all derives, I think
from the cultivation of self and the values they embrace.
Which you can get by reading their words.






































1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this book. I've gone back to it several times and reviewed parts of it. I definitely love the pictures and the rustic settings. I also love that they grow a lot of their own food. Some things that I found most valuable were insights on choosing village life, living car free or car light, and what was their livlihood. It was encouraging to see the array or combination of ways they provided a living for themselves.
    I certainly looking forward to the updated version/new version of the book.

    ReplyDelete